I have told the board that the agency should stop submitting repetitious reports that fail to provide any new insight into Iran's nuclear program," Iran's Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltaniyeh said on Wednesday.
Speaking after a 5-hour meeting of the watchdog's 35-nation board of governors in Vienna, Soltaniyeh said the IAEA largely "misinforms the public" about Iran nuclear intentions.
"It is not clear whether the report seeks to address technical experts, diplomats or the general public. Therefore, it must be devised in a way that does not create ambiguity for its readers, as it has so far done," he added.
The senior Iranian official was referring to a Thursday report by the International Atomic Energy Agency on Iran's nuclear progress.
IAEA Chief Mohamed ElBaradei, on Thursday issued a report reconfirming -- for the sixteenth consecutive time -- the "non-diversion" of declared nuclear material in the Islamic Republic.
The report also repeated previous claims that the agency has been unable to make any "substantive progress" regarding Iran's nuclear program.
The IAEA report said that "21 unannounced inspections" at Iranian nuclear sites have confirmed that Iran has enriched almost 1,010 kilograms of uranium-235 to a level of "less than 5 percent".
The media was quick to accuse Iran of producing enough enriched uranium to make a nuclear bomb.
Nuclear arms production requires an enrichment level of above 90 percent and involves a much higher level of nuclear know-how.
In the report, the IAEA also asked Iran to implement the Additional Protocol and further "transparency measures", which are voluntary procedures that involve providing a broader declaration of nuclear activities and giving the agency wider access to atomic sites.
Iran, a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), says a broader access would expose sensitive information related to its conventional military and missile related activities, insisting that any government would be reluctant to accept such a protocol because of national security concerns.
According to the Iranian envoy, the head of the regional section of IAEA Safeguards Agreement, Hermann Nackartes, had at the briefing objected to what he calls the "incorrect interpretations" of the IAEA report.
Soltaniyeh stressed that no ambiguity surrounds the activities at the Natanz facility.
The uranium enriched at Natanz is currently held in sealed containers under the strict supervision of IAEA inspectors.
Despite pressure and embargoes, Iran has so far refused to quell the West's alleged concerns by giving up its right to enrich uranium, which is a necessary step in producing nuclear fuel -- the energy source of the future
- Dengir Mir Mehmet Fırat'tan FLAŞ açıklamalar!
- Suriye'den kaçtılar Türkiye'de kuma oldular!
- Erdoğan'ın dinlemeye nasıl takıldı?
- Kenan Doğulu Beren Saat düğün fotoğrafları
- Parmak arası terlikle savaşan direnişçi!
- Bülent Arınç'tan kahkaha cevabı!
- Bir günde 1 milyonları çalınan esnaf ayaklandı!
- İtirafçı olan Paralel amir Gülen Örgütü'nü çökertti
- Beşiktaş Hollanda'dan avantajı kaptı
- Batman'da gölet faciası
- Hamas’ın 5 İsrail subayını böyle öldürdü
- Alevilerin oy kavgası savaşa döndü
- 2.5 milyon kişinin oy kullanması tehlikede
- İsrail'de utanç sloganları
- Özel Harekat Timleri‘nden müthiş operasyon
Iran calls IAEA reports repetitive, misleading
Iran's envoy to the UN nuclear watchdog says the agency should avoid issuing "repetitious" reports on the country's nuclear program
Bu haber toplam 927 defa okunmuştur
- Güney Kore sapıttı
- Kadın anadan doğma metroya bindi
- Yavru filin can mücadelesi
- Müşterileri sevişen taksici şok geçirdi
- 'Yetenek Sizsiniz'de Hülya Avşar'ın Yerine Yeni Jüri Özgü Namal OlduAcun Ilıcalı, 'Yetenek Sizsiniz'in yeni jurisi olarak ünlü oyuncu Özgü Namal ile anlaştı.
- Uyku stiliniz ilişkiniz hakkında ipucu veriyorEşiyle sarılarak uyuyanlar veya uyurken dokunmayı tercih edenler, arada mesafe bırakarak uyuyanlara göre daha mutlu.
- Türkiye'de kadınlar 'mutsuz ve sorunlu'Kadınların en büyük eğlencesi internet ve televizyon
- Bir erkeğin karizmasının çizildiği anlarBir erkeğin karizmasının çizildiği anlar